In our culture boys are raised to be manly. This is done through violence in television. Cartoons for boys show that to be a man is to be very manly, strong, and violent. I see this as a partial negative. To be a man is not fully just being strong and being able to hold your own. The good part is showing that you can protect the people that are important to you. But the bad part of that is showing that to be a man, you can't show emotions. There needs to be showings of how violence doesn't solve everything, it can make things worse.
With the APA, American Psychological Association, they want violence to be limited on television. Wtih the ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union, they don't want violence to be limited on television. The APA would be helping with what I am saying. But they would limit too much. I don't want it to be so limited that there is nothing on television that can be categorized as action. But with the ACLU, I don't want little kids to see a mass murder in their cartoons. I don't want violence to be the main attraction to cartoons. I believe there should be a happy medium to violence in cartoons. I want boys to grow up that to be manly is to be open, strong, but sensitive. I want them to be a protector but also with take help from others. I want them to grow up to respect others.
No comments:
Post a Comment