Saturday, October 26, 2013

Intertextuality

Intertextuality is mostly just something referencing something else or like a copy. I see it in mostly movies and television. I've seen intertextuality in the movie Watchmen and in the television show Lost. In Watchmen, there is a character names Owlman, he has a strong resemblance to Batman. Their looks look very much the same. Both characters are more isolated from society too.


In Lost, there is a room that brainwashes people. It also looks close to how they would brainwash delinquents in Clockwork Orange. Both brainwash people by strapping them to a chair and making them watch a video that brainwashes you into thinking differently.

2 comments:

  1. These are two good examples that you picked to illustrate Intertextuality. We see a lot of this in movies and even in television shows and sometimes I don't think we even notice that we saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I never noticed the Owlman thing. I've seen both movies. That is a really interesting thing to pick out. I probably never would have figured that out, but now that I think about it, movies are the perfect place for intertextuality. Good observation.

    ReplyDelete